Thursday, January 22, 2009

Westphalia Pride

I had the opportunity to take a former Superintendent and mentor from Waco around our school today. I always love to share the story of Westphalia ISD because its so unique. Between our historical ties to the Church of the Visitation to the sheer make-up of our students, WISD is truly a special place to be.

During our conversation, I was asked of about our student population. I thought I'd share some of it. WISD currently has 154 students. Of those 154 students, only 35 live within the district (22.7%). We currently have 119 students which transfer into our district (77.3%). Those students come from the following districts (percentage of total transfers in parentheses):

Rosebud-Lott -- 75 students (63.5%)
Marlin -- 31 students (26.2%)
Temple -- 5 students (4.7%)
Chilton, Troy, Waco, & Bremond -- 2 students each (1.7%)
Rogers & Chilton -- 1 student each (<1%)

When you stop and think that 3 of 4 students who attend school here do not actually live in WISD, it shows what a wonderful place this must be for students. I'm proud of that fact. I'm proud that I get to work with such great kids with such great parents. I hope you feel the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment